BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Formspring Backgrounds »

Saturday, May 12, 2012

We Have Now Reached the End of the Journey

Well....my Disney College Program is officially over. I graduated on Thursday, moved out of my apartment yesterday, spent one last day in the parks, and came home today. It's hard to believe that I no longer live in Orlando, that I no longer work for Disney, and that I'm no longer surrounded by magic pretty much 24/7. What really sucks, though, is not being around the amazing people I got to spend my time with down there. Especially my besties. It's hard knowing that all of sudden I'm going from seeing them on a daily basis to not being able to see them at all. So this whole Post-Disney Depression (PDD) thing is very real. I'm going through such a wide range of motions, usually within a few minutes of each other. I'm happy to be home, back with my family, with my boyfriend, and with my friends here. I'm happy that I won't miss anymore family get togethers, and I get to spend the holidays with them this year. And that's going to be amazing because honestly, Christmas kind of sucked last year because it wasn't what I was used to. So I'm definitely looking forward to being surrounded by my huge, amazing family this year. :) But I'm also very upset about the fact that I'm no longer at Disney. I don't get live with pretty much constant sunshine (something I never thought I would get used to). I don't get to go play in the parks when I want. I don't get to get that wonderful Cast Member discount on pretty much everything. And I don't get to say that I work for the Walt Disney Company. I absolutely loved my life in Orlando, so I am definitely sad that I don't have it anymore. Being back home is definitely something I'm going to have to get used to again. And as sad as I am that this wonderful journey, this dream come true, is over, I am pretty excited to see what my next adventure will be. I've got a job interview lined up next week, and I'm applying for grad school, which if I get in, I will start in the fall. So I definitely have some kind of plan for my life right now. But, no matter how amazing it all turns out to be, nothing will ever truly replace my experiences on the Disney College Program. I had the time of my life, and I'm so glad I did the program. For everyone who kept up with my journey through this blog, thank you. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. And for those of you who are looking into the program, do it! You will never get another experience even remotely close to this. You will make amazing friends, work in the most magical place on Earth, and have the time of your life. It won't always be easy, but it'll be worth it. I promise. :) Well...that's it, I guess. My college program is done, and so is this blog. So, for the final time.... Have a magical day!

0 comments: