BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Formspring Backgrounds »

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sore & Tired....

Well, work has been keeping me pretty busy last week, and it's going to again this week. It started Thursday when they asked me to extend my shift to cover a co-worker who had to leave because she was sick. I agreed, so instead of getting off at 5pm like I was scheduled to, I got off at 8:30pm. Then yesterday, I went in 3 hours early. And I'm only getting one off day this week because I agreed to go in on Wednesday and work. I don't mind all the extra hours....especially since I know my next 2 paychecks are going to be AH-MAZING! However, I am definitely feeling the soreness and exhaustion that comes with being on your feet all day.

So, for those of you that are applying for the program and get FSFB, just be prepared for this. There will be days where you are either asked to come in early or stay late. And there will be times when they ask if you can come in on your off day and work. Do it. Even if you don't want to. Even if you have a million other things you need to do (laundry and grocery shopping, for example, like I needed to do). By helping out your managers and co-workers, you're making yourself look like a great CM, and that's important. If you want a future with Disney, doing this kind of thing helps, because they know they can count on you when they need you. Even if you don't want a future with the company, by helping out when you're needed to, your managers will be more likely to write you a glowing recommendation should you need one for school and/or a future job. Plus, if you have to extend your shift to cover a co-worker for whatever reason, that will definitely make your co-workers have more respect for you. :) It's important to be a team player here. Remember that.

Luckily for me, I love my job and the people I work with, so even though I'm completely sore (like....I could barely move when I got up this morning), and I really want to go back and lay in my bed, I'm not dreading working today, because I know that I get to make some magic for guests, and I get to work with some of the most amazing co-workers ever. :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey chick! Sounds like things can get kinda crazy down there! I want you to know that I am really proud of you for everything you're doing right now. You really are going for your dreams, and not a lot of people have the courage to do it. Not you. You keep working hard and going strong! I really wish you all the luck and happiness girl. Love ya!

Lisa said...

I remember days when I would come home and just rub my feet because they hurt so much! Having gel insoles definitely helps! Especially on those looooong ahifts