BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Formspring Backgrounds »

Friday, June 3, 2011

New 30 Day Challenge (Day 1!)!

Well, today I'm cleaning my room/getting stuff ready to pack for Florida. I know I still have 66 days until check-in, but I need to go ahead and start organizing my stuff now....mainly because I have a lot of stuff. And I do mean a lot. I'm definitely going to need to have a yard sale to get rid of some of this stuff...and make some much needed money for Florida. So, I'm really cleaning my room and going through everything and seeing what I can get rid of and what I can keep. And I'm also going ahead and trying to figure out what I'm taking with me to Florida...especially furniture-wise. I don't need to take a lot, I know. But I do need some storage things. So, I know for sure I'm taking my rolling cart that I keep the majority of my art supplies in. I can't go to Florida without my supplies! :p I'm also taking my pink ottoman. That can be used as a foot rest or a seat, and the top lifts up and it doubles as a storage container, too! :) I'm also in the middle of refurbishing an end table my mom bought at a yard sale, and that will going with me. I can't wait until I finish it because it's going to be a pretty epic piece of Disney furniture. :)

Anyway, on to the new 30 day challenge! :)

Day 1: Your favorite character.

 I love Tinkerbell! She's sassy, feisty, and she knows what she wants and she does what she needs to to get it. She's also pretty independent, but she also needs people around her. I'm definitely a lot like her. :)

Now, I'm about to get on my soapbox for a bit here. When I say I like Tinkerbell, I mean the classic Tink from Peter Pan. Not the new Tink. I hate the fact that she talks now. And I don't like the fact that she's no longer the only fairy. What made Tink, well, Tink, was the fact that she was able to convey her feelings and thoughts without having to use words. In Peter Pan, she's very expressive with her body language, and I loved that. I also loved that she was unique. There are a lot of Disney princesses....there was only one Disney fairy. Don't get me wrong, I love that I can now meet Tink in the parks and that I finally got her autograph after 13 years of trying. But, I don't like that Disney changed so much about her. I've watched a bit of one of the movies, and I feel like, because she can talk now, a lot of her sassiness and expressiveness is gone. And that makes me mad. I miss the classic Tinkerbell. That's the Tinkerbell that I love.

And just so you know, Tinkerbell was my favorite character before it was cool to have her as a favorite character. :p

0 comments: