BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Formspring Backgrounds »

Monday, May 30, 2011

Classes!

So, even though I've graduated college, and I won't be getting any credit, I'm still taking a couple of classes while I'm at Disney. They're free, and I'm looking at them as an investment in my future, since I want to continue working for Disney.

So, what classes am I taking? I'm taking 2 classes that are in the Disney Exploration Series. Basically, classes in this series are free, there are no books, no tests, no projects. Basically, they are nothing like regular college classes, which is what I was looking for. Plus, these classes use the parks as a classroom. :) They meet once a week for about 2 hours a meeting for 8 weeks.

So, I'm taking both of my classes on Tuesdays starting in September. The first class I will be taking is called Exploring Leadership. Basically, it's talking about how to be a leader, and what that means for the Walt Disney Company. Looking at the syllabus, it looks like it's geared towards people who want to be managers, but I don't think it's going to hurt to take it. I want to work for Disney, and this class teaches how everyone, from the guests to the interns to the management, is important to the success of the company.

The second class I'm taking is Exploring Disney Heritage. This is the one that I'm most excited about. The syllabus says this about the class: "Take a journey back in time to discover the roots of the Walt Disney Company. Learn about Walt Disney the man and his vision by exploring historical milestones." Looking at the schedule of classes, at least 2 of the classes will be in the parks! Class number 2 is actually a scavenger hunt through Hollywood Studios, and class number 7 is a storytelling tour through the Magic Kingdom. This class is going to be amazing! And I'm lucky enough to be taking with with all 3 of my roommates! :)

So, now that I'm all registered for classes, I'm definitely ready for August. But, as excited as I am about Disney, and as much as I can't wait to get there and get this experience started, I'm going to try not to rush this summer. I want to enjoy this time with the people that are important to me, and I want to have the best summer ever. :)

1 comments:

danielle11 said...

ah 'm taking Disney Heritage on Tuesdays too! :) And yes! I agree with you..I'm so so excited about August but I'm trying to enjoy every bit of summer and not rush it :)

Danielle Elizabeth