BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Formspring Backgrounds »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Signs That I Was Always Meant To Work At Disney Part 1

So, in my first post on this blog, I mentioned that I was pretty much destined to work at Disney from day 1. I know I mentioned my 1st and 6th birthday parties being Disney themed. Well, I have come across some more evidence that Disney was always in my future.

Last May, I got the opportunity to travel with some of my classmates and our professor to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in Pine Ridge, SD. It was an amazing trip, and very eye opening. The 10 days that we spent out there changed my life, and I'm so glad I got to go. While we did get to see Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse monument, the main reason we were out there was to see what the educational system on a reservation is like, and to help out at one of the schools. We were education majors, after all.

So anyway, the first day that we were at the school that we worked at, we got tour it. On pretty much every wall in that school was a painting, and most of those paintings are related to the Native American heritage of most of the kids at the school.

So how does a school on an Indian reservation tie in with my destiny to work at Disney? Take a look at some of the paintings that were on 2 of the walls in the school:



Did I have to have my picture taken with them? Um, of course.


And trust me when I say that when I saw these paintings, I got really excited! :)

Look for posts where I have pictures from my 1st and 6th birthday parties. :)

1 comments:

Emily said...

Hahaha that's so cute! What an awesome surprise :)